Sunday 18 November 2007

6 Month Checkup



I am still loving my locks and school is going much better! I made all B's this quarter which is really good. I was afraid with all the changes and extra work I might not make the honor roll. My classes changed again this quarter and I got my home-ec class like I wanted. At first we took a lot of tests. I was a little upset because we had take all those tests before we could do anything. I already know not to touch other foods after touching a raw chicken without washing my hands first and how to use a knife but a lot of my classmates didn't. The other day we got to make biscuits from scratch and they were really good! Lately in my Social Studies class we have been learning about ancient Egypt and today I chose to do a fashion show with paper dolls what I thought they would look like going to a party today. We took school pix a few weeks ago. I took mine with my glasses off, I can't wait to see what they look like.





My moms says I have buds, I'm not sure what they are but they must be a good thing because she was excited to see them. My hair is getting a bit drier lately so we are trying to figure out the best way to take care of my locks but it is still better than having to get my hair combed all the time. My mom also said she thinks that my locks are going into the teenage stage I don't know what that is either but they are getting harder to figure out lately. I have been trying out more styles lately. My mom has done a few braid outs which I like sometimes I will just have the front braided for a different look.

We also celebrated my dad's birthday last week. I got him some cuff links! It's almost Thanksgiving but I'm ready for Christmas break. I like school but I miss being able to sleep late too! Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Don't eat too much turkey.

Later,
TLB

1 comment:

Creyole said...

Beautiful....you remind me of some of my family members down in Louisiana!

You look so good so keep on doing what you are doing. I'll be sending your blog to my daughter and niece Praline & Twinky.

Keep us posted!

Creyole