Thursday 4 October 2007

School Daze

Middle School





Lots of changes. More homework a lot more. More classes and they are not always on the same days or the same time (block scheduling they call it) so I have to keep up with my schedule and assignment binder to stay on track. My mom kept telling me but I didn't believe it. When school first started it would take me all night to finish my homework but I am getting much faster at it. It's not so bad but it's not that great either just yet. I made a new friend, Kelsey but I had a few of them turn out to not be so friendly at middle school but I'm not going to stay mad about it. We don't get to do much and the teachers are always saying we don't know what we're doing yet. The eighth graders look at us and go aww, look at the sixth graders like we're babies.

Now enough ranting here's what I like: I was chosen one of the student council represenatives of my house and was able to go and speak for all the other 6th graders at the meetings! I had to write and give a speech before everyone voted but I love to talk! I am in the school chorus and we will be performing where I have a solo part and announce the songs. I joined the fitness club at school and it's a lot of fun. I really wanted to take home-ec but it was full. And even though it has been hard keeping up with my assignments and classes straight I am still on the honor roll! I went to my first dance where I got a chance to help out and I had a really great time. My mom and dad chaperoned. Yesterday, I had to come up with a new definition for my name. So Christyn also means makes straight A's and loves cherryz (yes I meant to spell it that way:) I think middle school is growing on me.

I am still loving my locs. The mornings are easy because unless I want a specific style I do it on my own. I am wetting it more which I like. My mom and I have decided to work on my hair once a week so it won't take so long to do the tightenings. She hooked up the front for the dance so we'll be working our way back and by the time we take school pictures we'll be back to the front.





In other news my mom has put in some starter locks. Check her out Mom's Blog

Dueces,

TLB

No comments: